Today is October 26, which means that November 1 is less than a week away! Are you geared up and ready to start writing? Do you have a story idea yet? Have you at least chosen your writing software?
Take heart, for even if you answered no to all three of the above questions, you can rest assured knowing that 6 days is still a long time. Almost a fifth of a month, even! In NaNo terms, 6 days is 10 000 words!
I’m not helping, am I?
Maybe the events we have coming up over the next week will inspire you. Here’s what’s going on on the forum:
TOMORROW, OCTOBER 27:
- Graveyard Walk and Inspiration Session: Mount Pleasant Cemetery, 3:00pm.
- Meet up at the Yonge entrance, just north of the York School. Bring an umbrella, there’s a 30% chance of rain!
TUESDAY OCTOBER 29:
- KICK OFF PARTY!: Fernando’s Hideaway, 545 Yonge Street, 7:00pm.
- Come in costume (I will be)! Eat some delicious Mexican food! Kick Off NaNoWriMo with us, play some games, and learn who we’ll be word warring against this year! (Exclamation points!!!)
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 2:
- ToNaNo Brunch: Butler’s Pantry, 591 Markham Street, 11:00am
- PLEASE RSVP BY OCT 30 IF YOU INTEND TO COME! Butler’s is a busy spot and wants our numbers ASAP.
Also, be sure to drop by our Adopt-a-Day signup thread and pick a day in November to inspire your fellow ToNaNoers, and to help fundraise for NaNoWriMo! The Office of Letters and Light is a not-for-profit that’s funded almost entirely on your donations, and every dollar helps. Check here for details on where your funding goes.